- Follow pseudoerasmus on WordPress.com
Join 6,891 other subscribers
Recent & Popular Posts
- Critiques of Edward Baptist
- Critiques of The History Manifesto
- Did inequality cause the First World War?
- Did the "Invisible Blockade" against Allende work?
- Economic growth in ancient Greece
- Fascism was not left-wing!!!
- Greece from Post-war orthodoxy to "Democratic Peronism"
- Ideology & Human Development (on Cuba's social development)
- Labour repression & the Indo-Japanese divergence
- Markets & famines: Amartya Sen is not the last word!
- Nazi political economy
- Random Thoughts on Robert Allen's theory of the Industrial Revolution
- State Capacity & the Sino-Japanese Divergence
- Sven Beckert's Empire of Cotton: A Reductionist Summary
- The Bairoch conjecture & the "tariff-growth paradox" of the late 19th century
- The Calico Acts: Was British cotton made possible by infant industry protection from Indian competition?
- The Napoleonic Blockade & the Infant Industry Argument
- Various posts on slavery
- Was slavery necessary for the Industrial Revolution?
- Where do pro-social institutions come from?
Tag Archives: New England textiles
Labour relations & textiles: addenda
This post contains related topics and disjointed observations as addenda to “Labour repression & the Indo-Japanese divergence” in cotton textiles. (Lack of) Japanese industrial policy in cotton textiles, with a note on Sven Beckert Bargaining & capital-labour substitution in cotton … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged industrial relations, labour relations, Lancashire, New England textiles 3 Comments